The 4th Annual Steve’s 5k to Run Down Cancer will be held at Mendon Ponds Park on Saturday, June 16th 2018.
Pre-registration and packet pick up will be available at Medved Running & Walking Outfitters from 4pm-7pm on Friday, June 15th.
$18 Pre-registration prior to race day
$21 entry fee on race day, June 16th
*Special team entry fee for teams with 10 or more members is $15 per member until 6/9. Teams must use a team name and register together by mail or online.*
Race day registration will begin at 7:30 AM at Stewart Lodge.
- The 5k run/walk event will begin at 9 AM. The race will start on Douglas Road, adjacent to Stewart Lodge.
- The children’s fun run will be held afterwards at 10 AM and will also begin at Stewart Lodge. The fun run is FREE to all participants. It is a short dash that will take place on the field adjacent to Stewart Lodge. All children participating in the event will recieve a ribbon and a special prize!
- The post-race party will take place at 10:30 AM and include an awards ceremony followed by a door prize drawing. Refreshments, including Salvatore’s pizza, will be available.
- Parking will be located at both Stewart Lodge and the Canfield Woods Shelter.
- Event Timing by PCR Timing Service.
- Awards will be presented as follows:
**Team Award: Winning team (first 5 athletes to finish from a registered team) will receive a special trophy and have their picture taken and put onto our website!!
1st Place overall M/F……. $125
1st Place M/F 5k finisher at the 800 meter mark….. $50
1st Place M/F Masters (40+)….. $100
1st Place M/F Veteran (50+)….. $100
*An additional $25 will be awarded to the overall M/F winner breaking the course record:
Male Course Record (2017):
Matthew Herbert 15:53
Female Course Record (2017):
Monicah Otwrori 17:41
Medals to top 3 finishers in each age group, with 1st place in each age group additionally receiving a Medved gift certificate:
under 14 45-49