The 3rd Annual Steve’s 5k to Run Down Cancer will be held at Mendon Ponds Park on Saturday, June 17th 2017.
Pre-registration and packet pick-up will be held at Medved Running & Walking Outfitters on Friday, June 16th from 4 to 7 PM.
Race day registration will begin at 7:30 AM at Stewart Lodge.
- The 5k run/walk event will begin at 9 AM. Fee is $18 up until race day, $21 on race day. Group registration (at least 10 5k participants per group) will be available until 6/3. Discounted registration price per group member will be $15. The race will start on Douglas Road, adjacent to Stewart Lodge.
- The children’s fun run will be held afterwards at 10 AM and will also begin at Stewart Lodge. The fun run is FREE to all participants. It is a short dash that will take place on the field adjacent to Stewart Lodge. All children participating in the event will recieve a ribbon and a coupon for a free DQ kids cone!
- Wild Wings will be bringing a few special avian guests! You can visit with them at Stewart Lodge from 8-10 AM!
- The post-race party will take place at 10:30 AM and include an awards ceremony followed by a door prize drawing. Refreshments, which include pizza from Salvatore’s, will be available.
- Parking will be located at both Stewart Lodge and the Canfield Woods Shelter.
- Technical Race t-shirts to first 100 registered 5k run/walk participants.
- Event Timing by PCR Timing Service.
- Inflatable arch finish chute provided by Medved Running & Walking Outfitters.
- Awards will be presented as follows:
- 1st Place M/F overall: $125
- M/F 5k finisher that is 1st Place at the 800 meter mark: $50 & trophy
- 1st Place M/F Masters (40+): $100
- 1st Place M/F Veteran (50+): $100
*An additional $25 will be awarded to the overall M/F winner breaking the course record:
Male Course Record (2015): Keith Johnson 15:54
Female Course Record (2015): Melissa Johnson White 17:51
Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each age group. First place finishers in each age group will additionally recieve a Medved Running & Walking Outfitters gift certificate.
***The participant or volunteer who collects the most in donations to the Wilmot Cancer Institute will be awarded with TWO spectacular 1 night’s stay gift certificates to The Vagabond Inn Bed & Breakfast in Naples, NY! They can be used separately or combined for a 2 night’s stay! Please check out their website here: http://www.thevagabondinn.com/
You can register for the event online from the site menu above!